Date: March 16, 2020
RE: County of Santa Clara Public Health Department Shelter in Place Order Dated March 16, 2020 (the “Order”)
To our valued Customers, Suppliers and other Partners:
You are likely aware of the Order and concerned about how it impacts Green Circuits and our business. The Order defines Green Circuits as an “Essential Business”, subject to the social distancing requirements but otherwise exempt from the requirement to cease operations, in a number of ways:
- Section 10.f.i. – Healthcare Operations and Essential Infrastructure
- Healthcare Operations – construed broadly to avoid any impacts to the delivery of healthcare (including pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, healthcare suppliers, etc.)
- Essential Infrastructure – includes construction, water, sewer, gas, electrical, transportation, internet, telecommunications, business infrastructure, communications and web-based services
- Section 10.f.ix – Services that are necessary to maintaining the essential operation of Essential Activities and Essential Businesses
- In addition, the Order excludes “Essential Governmental Functions” as determined by the governmental entity performing those functions. Each governmental entity shall identify and designate appropriate contractors to continue providing and carrying out any Essential Governmental Functions. These services and supplies include but are not limited to:
- Mission Critical Electronics for Defense and Aerospace use, including Rated Orders Certified for National Defense, Emergency Preparedness and Energy Program use. Green is operating in accordance with Defense Priorites and Allocations System Regulation (15 CFR 700).
- Electronics supporting new FilmArray panels to diagnose COVID-19. Our customers include those working with the FDA to expedite the development of new diagnostics for this disease.
Green Circuits is working diligently to support its Customers, Suppliers and other Partners, while also maintaining a compliant, safe and healthy environment for its employees. We are positioned to quickly adapt to this ever-changing environment, but for now Green Circuits is operating as follows:
- All Sales, General and Administrative Employees are either working from home or furloughed until further notice.
- Essential on-site personnel have been instructed on CDC recommended health and safety practices including Social Distancing, work station santization, etc.
- The facility is closed to outside personnel and all non-essential travel has been suspended.
We are available to answer any questions about the Order and how Green Circuits can support you within the scope of this Order. Please feel free to send any questions, comments or concerns to email@example.com
We remain open in support of our Customers and their ongoing requirements. Thank you for your understanding, cooperation and on going support in these unpresidented times.
Joseph F. O’Neil
1130 Ringwood Court, San Jose, CA 95131| (408) 526-1700 | firstname.lastname@example.org