Flex Circuit Manufacturing: Designing Superior Flex Circuits Increases Your Productivity
Modern flex circuit manufacturing ensures increased production time and greatly reduces the risk of expensive rework. Products designed with flex circuits are especially beneficial for industries such as aerospace, military, and medical devices. In designing flex circuits, the manufacturer’s focus is on providing greater reliability and performance while reducing production costs at the same time.
What are the Main Benefits of Designing Products with Flex Circuits?
- Flexibility of installation: Flex circuits are easily manipulated into your product designs. Because of their elasticity, they can be folded and creased into the tight, small spaces. This means that intricate designs are possible and fewer errors are made during manufacturing.
- Increased reliability and durability: Flex circuits work on the principle that the fewer the number of interconnects, the lower the risk of potential failure. This means greater reliability and that any moving parts can be flexed countless times without failing. The smaller mass and ductility of flex circuits decrease the incidence of shock and vibration, giving you improved product performance.
- Withstands high temperatures: The streamlined design incorporated into flex circuit manufacturing promotes better airflow which keeps the electronic application at a cooler temperature. In designing flex circuits with a thinner and more compact shape, their resistance to corrosion, radiation, chemicals, and UV Rays is second to none.
- Simplified circuitry and design: Using flex circuit manufacturing processes that eliminate wire and wire harnesses, many common errors are avoided. The pliability of flex circuits means less testing time is needed and less rejects are produced, minimizing the need for rework.
- Smaller package size and weight: The smaller size and reduced weight of flex circuits allow for greater product design flexibility and much better aesthetics. Your electronic products are more competitive in today’s market and in some cases, this will give you up to 60% more space compared to rigid circuits and wire harnesses.
- Cost savings: It follows that the smaller, compact nature of flex circuits will reduce assembly time and packaging and material requirements. A simplified PCB assembly process means fewer errors rework requirements. All of this results in significant cost savings.
Why Choose Green Circuits for Flex Circuit Manufacturing?
Green Circuits specializes in designing and manufacturing flex circuits. Our customized solutions, along with PCB experience and knowledge, meet the needs of such diverse industries as medical device manufacturing, aerospace, semiconductor testing and manufacturing equipment, telecommunications and industrial equipment. Our services run the length of prototypes to high volume orders, all designed to reduce your go-to-market time and improve your bottom line.
Request a quote or call Green Circuits at 408-526-1700, to speak with a representative today.